monday's mutt

We're soooo excited to feature a doggie that is also a Facebook friend.  Yowza!  Now Monday's Mutt is hip too. . .maybe we should start tweeting.  


I first met this adorable mutt at a Halloween party at a yoga studio.  Yes, you read that right.  Halloween, mutt, yoga and party all in the same sentence. 

It is with great privilege that I introduce you to:

Phoebe

GT: Well, hello there Miss Phoebe.  I know you are never supposed to ask a woman her age, but. . .how old are you?
Phoebe: I am 10 human years. I don't mean to brag, but with the exception of a dash of salt n' pepper around my muzzle, I look darn good for my age.

GT:  And what is your breed?
Phoebe: I am a dark brindle cairn terrier. Our posse originates from the United Kingdom. Beloved and plucky companions, we have been favorite pets and loyal friends throughout history. Our most famous representative is Toto from the Wizard of Oz, but if you ask me, Toto could have used some grooming and a little pupperoni on his bones. (I'm just sayin'.)

GT: Where do you and the rest of your posse live, Phoebe?
Phoebe: In Charlotte, NC. I divide my time between my parent's place in Eastover and my sister's flat in the Fourth Ward. I occasionally summer in the NC mountains.

GT: How did you get your name?
Phoebe: I believe I was named after Lisa Kudrow's character on "Friends" for my free spirited yet strong-willed nature and psychic abilities.

GT: How long have you been with your family?
Phoebe: Ten years!

GT: How did your family find you?
Phoebe: I was born to a nice family in 
Pageland, South Carolina in a litter with a bunch of boys. It was okay. I mean, I like nature and everything? But I always knew I was destined for the Big City. So when my new mom, Kate, and the lady with the strange high voice came to check us out, I pulled out all the stops to get their attention. Before I knew it, I was saying goodbye to my brothers and checking out my new pad in the Queen City.

GT: What is your best trick, Princess Consuela Bananahammock?  Er, I mean Phoebe. . .
Phoebe: I like to give humans high fives. Sometimes they are unprompted if I think
you have a treat and you should give it to me.

GT: Who is your best friend?
Phoebe: My sister, Carolyn, would probably like me to say she is? Honestly, it's probably my mom, Kate. We have a good napping and road-tripping vibe.

GT: Do you have a favorite food?
Phoebe: My family tries to be disciplined about not giving me too many treats or human food? I know -- it sucks. But when I get to indulge, I can really get down on some pupperoni, carrot sticks and I love, LOVE, love popcorn, especially kettle pop.

GT:  What is your worst habit?
Phoebe: Well, I really like to smell. Everything. So I guess that could be a little annoying if my humans want to walk, say, a block in less than ten minutes.

GT:  Do you have any pet peeves? 
Phoebe: Do NOT get me started on skateboarders. Or the chipmunks who taunt me. Or the enormous monsters who clop-clop and drag carriages Uptown.

GT:  What is your favorite TV show?
Phoebe: I watch murder mysteries with my mom, Bravo reality shows with my sister, and soccer games with my brother-in-law, Kevin. Oh, and I ALWAYS get sucked into American Idol.

GT:  Do you have any nicknames?
Phoebe: Phoebs, Phoebster, the Phoebola Virus, Phoebacca, Phoebe Lou.

GT:  What about a favorite walk?
Phoebe: Just give me a sidewalk and lots of smells and I'm a happy camper. Recently, Carolyn has taken me to the new dog park on Sycamore and the Dog Bar. I was really shy at first, but it got better when there were free treats.

GT:  Do you have a favorite toy?
Phoebe: It used to be my stuffed tiger, but now the manatee is my fave.

GT:  What is one word to describe you?
Phoebe: Friendly!

GT:  Anything else you’d like everyone to know?
Phoebe: We doggies tend to love unconditionally, nap a lot, and celebrate the simple things in life. Maybe the humans could learn a few things from us :)

0 comments: